Do you think it is time to put those junk foods away that could be life threatening and make conscientious efforts to eat healthy? And you are really interested to have some useful tips on how to eat healthy at work and home? You should know that it could be a life changing decision to make: to get and utilize important and practical tips on how to eat healthy at work and home since health is wealth.
More so, most working class people spend most of their waking hours at work. So it would come as no surprise that your nutrition in the workplace would have a major impact on your overall health.
And the nutrition at home is equally as important as that is where you eat your breakfast and lunch: most times. And what is the popular saying about breakfast: that it is the most important meal of the day. So it is a most to eat healthy breakfast, if you are really serious about eating healthy food. It is important that I should make mention of this also: you could eat healthy snacks like pili nuts or popcorn if it is brunch or any time you have an appetite for a meal. This is also a good way to eat healthy at work or home.
In case you are wondering why pili nut are mentioned, you should know that they are rich in Vitamin E and magnesium. So on ways on how to eat healthy, here are 3 ways you could go about doing it.
1. Ditch the Junk: it is impossible to say that you are eating healthy when all you do is take in junk food and snacks. It does not work that way—as you already know. Start by getting rid of all unhealthy snacks candy bowl that you have stacked in your refrigerator (at home) and desk (at work). Most of those foods have high calorie content that is way above the daily limit. If it is unhealthy, it simple means it is bad for your health—do not rationalize it and eventually leave some there.
2. Keep healthy snacks at your desk: you could have on your desk or refrigerator snacks like Pili Nuts, packaged tuna and others that are healthy. You could also add fat-free yoghurt and fresh veggies. So you could feed your appetite with such foods. This is literally what healthy eating is about.
3. Keep hydrated: you should take in a bottle of water as the first thing that goes into your mouth. This is a good healthy routine that would help you to eat healthier each day.
4. Practice mindful eating: do you know what you are eating for your meals and snacks? Simply by being aware of what you eat, you will be more aware of these foods. This means making a mental note to replace or reduce consuming certain unhealthy foods and starting a conscious eating habit. Find out more about mindful eating here.
5. Avoid ‘food coma’ and sluggishness: these feelings are brought about by large meal portions, big servings of carbohydrates and also fatty foods. Opt for something lighter and more nutrient-dense for your meals.
These are somes ways you could eat healthy at work and home. If you have any personal tips to share, leave us a comment below :)
Be a GTCL Insider to earn rewards and read more of such content.
Leave a comment